1. Grupo Salinas launches Azteca Estudios
The new unit, which will be led by Patricia Jasin, will offer production services in Mexico. Read more.
2. Peacock presents stars of first series in Spanish
Armas de mujer, a dramedy produced by Telemundo Global Studios, will star Kate del Castillo, joined by Roselyn Sánchez, Sylvia Sáenz and Jeimy Osorio. Read more.
3. Disney+ appoints VP of Production in Spain and announces 10 European series
Sofía Fábregas has been named Vice President of Original Production in Spain for Disney+, which announced its first originals in France, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands. Read more.
4. A+E Networks and President Paul Buccieri to receive MIP SDG Award
Paul Buccieri, President of A+E Networks, will be presented with the award on Thursday 15 April during the Digital Miptv event, for his contribution in reducing inequalities. Read more.
5. NBCUniversal launches its OTT platform Hayu in Spain
The platform specializes in reality shows. Read more.
6. Carolina Leconte, new Director of Netflix Original Series in LatAm
The executive, who had been working as VP of Development and Production for Gato Grande, is joining the OTT platform as Director of Original Series in Latin America. Read more.
7. Calinos sells dramas in Ecuador and other international countries
The Turkish distributor announced a great start of the year with multiple sales for its top dramas around the world, including TC Televisión in Ecuador. Read more.
8. Inter Medya to distribute Turkish drama, Scorpion
Produced by 1441 Productions for Turkey’s Star TV, the new drama is a story of love and revenge that appeals to international audiences. Read more.