1. SPT LatAm to Distribute Dynamo Drama, Cannabica
Dynamo is developing the new series with Pantaya, who is distributing the series in the US, with SPT to serve as international distributor. Production is set to begin later this month. Read more.
2. VIS and Frida Torresblanco to Produce Series About Cristóbal Balenciaga
The life of the most admired and influential fashion designer of all time, Spain’s Cristóbal Balenciaga, will be brought to television by VIS, executive produced by Frida Torresblanco and directed by James Kent. Read more.
3. Banijay to Adapt Spanish Series Merlí in Italy
Produced by Banijay Studios Italy and based on the TV3 Catalunya series, Un Professore is already in production and will premiere on Rai1. Read more.
4. EO Media to Develop Diary of a Sentimental Killer Series
The TV adaptation of Luis Sepulveda’s novel will be coproduced by EO Media Distribution, BlackBox Multimedia and Leader Produzioni. Read more.
5. Kanal D International Presents New Turkish Comedy, The Good Father
Produced by Süreç Film and starring a renowned cast, the new comedy series is premiering this Thursday on Kanal D. Read more.
6. Apple TV+ announces new original series with Eugenio Derbez
Titled Acapulco, the new bilingual comedy will be produced by Lionsgate Television, 3Pas Studios and The Tannenbaum Company for the platform, and feature Derbez as the star and executive producer. Read more.
7. It’s Official: Discovery Joins Streaming War With Discovery+
The launch will taken place on January 4 in the US and during 2021 internationally. Read more.
8. Money Heist to Get Korean Adaptation on Netflix
The platform announced that BH Entertainment and Contents Zium from South Korea will adapt the Spanish hit created by Álex Pina and Esther M. Lobato. Read more.
9. Woman Was Highest-Rated Series in November in Spain
The Turkish drama continues to win on Antena 3, in a November where Telecinco finished as the audience leader for the 27th consecutive month. Read more.