The streaming platform announced a long-term alliance with the Hispanic group, which will begin with the launch of three curated channels: Telemundo Al Día, Telemundo Realities and Telemundo Novelas.
XUMO, the Comcast-owned, popular and free ad-supported streaming TV service, today announced the launch of three new curated channels from Telemundo, the #1 producer of Spanish-language premium content in the U.S.
The exclusive new channels are the first in a series of launches anchored by a long-term partnership that will offer over 3,000 hours of Telemundo’s fan-favorite scripted shows and realities, as well as the latest news and sports properties, including Telemundo Al Día, Telemundo Realities and Telemundo Novelas.
“Telemundo is a brand synonymous with the highest caliber of Spanish-language content available and adding these exclusive channels on the XUMO service is significant,” stated Stefan Van Engen, SVP of programming and partnerships at XUMO.
“Today marks the beginning of a valuable, ongoing partnership that will bring the very best curated programming to our growing U.S. Hispanic audience.”
XUMO’s three new Telemundo-powered channels are designed to super serve the U.S. Hispanic audience across the full spectrum of identities with Spanish and bilingual content. This premium content will bolster the over 200 existing XUMO channels and reaches millions of unique monthly users via a multi-screen distribution network of smart TVs, mobile, web, and streaming boxes. With this initial roll out, XUMO continues to offer a seamless experience complemented by access to a rich and expanded library, including unrivaled Spanish-language programming.
“As Latinos continue to drive non-linear video consumption across the U.S., we are thrilled to partner with XUMO to expand our multiplatform approach to feed the streaming appetite of this young, vibrant and multilingual demographic,” said Peter Blacker, Executive Vice President, Chief Commercial Officer and Head of DTC Licensing, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises.
“This strategic partnership offers Telemundo Enterprises an opportunity to connect further with incremental audiences in Spanish and English and strengthen our position as the choice and voice of the U.S. Hispanic community.”
Telemundo Al Día Channel
Offering award-winning and top performing daily news, entertainment and sports clips from the most trusted source for the U.S. Hispanic community. This channel will feature programming from:
– Noticias Telemundo – U.S. Latinos want objective news that reflects who they are and the topics they care about, together with a balanced representation of their communities. “Noticias Telemundo” (Telemundo News) is an award-winning news organization that empowers viewers with rigorously reported news under its banner “Las Cosas Como Son” (Telling It Like It Is).
– Telemundo Deportes – Telemundo Deportes (Telemundo Sports) is the U.S. leading sports brand and destination for the biggest and best global sports programming in Hispanic media. Home to two of the world’s most popular sporting events: the FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Olympic Games through 2032, Telemundo Deportes delivers a comprehensive roster of live and studio programming. Telemundo Deportes broadcasts the Premier League and in 2020 added the full NBC Sunday Night Football schedule, marking the firsttime that season-long coverage of the NFL’s Sunday Night schedule was available in Spanish-language in the U.S. Telemundo Deportes is also home to “Boxeo Telemundo,” the #1 boxing program in Spanish, among other recognized sports properties.
– hoyDía – Telemundo’s brand-new three-hour morning show that delivers a fresh new format in Hispanic morning television designed to give viewers all the timely, balanced and pertinent information they need to jump-start their day. hoyDía’s hosts bring the latest on the most relevant current events for the U.S. Hispanic community, as well as entertainment news, weather updates, cooking segments and important tips and advice on how to live their best day, every day.
– Al Rojo Vivo – One of television’s most-watched and reputable news magazines, Telemundo’s “Al Rojo Vivo” (Red Hot) features renowned Telemundo host Jessica Carrillo and journalist Antonio Texeira. Broadcasting live from the show’s freshly redesigned studio at Telemundo Center, Carrillo and Texeira bring viewers a fresh take on the information Monday through Friday, featuring news and current affairs reporting with technology, entertainment, and lifestyle segments.
– ¡Suelta la Sopa! – “¡Suelta la Sopa!” (Tell Me What You Know) offers the latest in showbiz gossip, celebrity coverage and segments revealing secrets about the industry’s top stars. Hosted by Jorge Bernal, the show offers a sizzling combination of up-to-the-minute information from its correspondents in the U.S. and Mexico and insights from its panel of leading experts in the entertainment world.
Best of Telemundo’s top Spanish-language library of reality shows with original stories and celebrities with massive cross-generational fandom and appeal. This channel will include:
– I Love Jenni – “I Love Jenni” is a reality television series which documents the personal and professional lives of Mexican-American singing sensation Jenni Rivera and her extraordinary family in Los Angeles. Jenni went on to become a prominent Latin female recording artist, as a multi-gold, platinum and double platinum award-winning star.
– Larrymania – Hit celeb-reality “Larrymanía,” stars regional Mexican singer Larry Hernández and his wife Kenia Ontiveros, offering viewers an unfiltered look into Larry’s life as he prepares his musical comeback after his tragic bicycle accident, as well as Kenia’s evolution as an empowered business woman.
– The Riveras – The only English-language reality about a Latino family in the U.S. follows the children of music legend, Jenni Rivera – Chiquis, Jacqie, Mike, Jenicka and Johnny – as they continue to grow stronger together.
Over 1,600 hours of Telemundo’s most loved series appealing to wide audiences. This channel will launch with popular “novelas” including Aurora, Flor Salvaje, La Impostora, La Patrona, Relaciones Peligrosas and Marido en Alquiler. Other titles to be added in the future include: El Señor de los Cielos, Señora Acera, Herederos del Monte, Una Maid in Manhattan, Alguien te Mira and Decisiones.
Aurora – 19-year-old dancer Aurora Ponce de León falls in love with Lorenzo Lobos, her dance instructor. Aurora becomes pregnant with Lorenzo’s child, but her parents don’t approve, and she is sent abroad to have the child. Shortly after her baby is born, it’s discovered that Aurora suffers from a terrible disease and her father, a renowned expert in cryogenics, uses the process on his daughter. Having been frozen for 20 years, Aurora is brought back to life, but her heart is torn between the past and the present: memories of an old love and chance for a new one.
– Flor Salvaje – “Flor Salvaje” is the story of Amanda Monteverde, a woman who lives through the unfortunate deaths of her mother and brother and then tries to escape her difficult past. Despite being young, she feels responsible for her three younger sisters, and comes to a small town called “Nueva Esperanza,” which is starting in the oil industry. While there, Amanda faces additional challenges but also finds love. Three different men impact her life: Sacramento, her faithful friend and innocent love; Pablo Aguilar, her joy and passion; and finally, Don Rafael Urrieta, the most powerful man in town.
– La Impostora – Blanca Guerrero is a hardworking young woman with a natural skill for solving mysteries. She is hired by Adriano Ferrer, whose pregnant daughter, Valentina, is missing. Acting as a millionaire investor, she manages to infiltrate the powerful Altamira family, suspected of being responsible for the disappearance of Valentina. While there, the pressure mounts when she meets one of the family’s sons, Eduardo Altamira, and falls in love with him. It’s a story of true love, betrayal, revenge and heart-breaking situations.
– La Patrona – Gabriela Suárez is the only woman working in the gold mine in her small town. She is a single mother who rebels against all kinds of abuse. A woman of great strength, she must endure a series of calamities that force her to undergo a transformation, both physically and emotionally. Gabriela embarks on a quest for revenge and redemption and does everything she can to unmask her primary enemy, Antonia Guerra, and become La Patrona.
– Relaciones Peligrosas – Set in modern times, “Relaciones Peligrosas” delves into the difficult and often conflict-filled relationships between teenagers, their parents and teachers at a bilingual high school. Young Miranda Cruz begins an affair with Mauricio and the hidden truths that many adults try to avoid are revealed: love relationships that are prohibited, discriminated or judged that can turn into a real-world nightmare.
– Marido en Alquiler – Griselda Carrasco is a humble woman but rich in morals and principles who has dedicated her life to her children and grandson. Her ex-husband, Jose Salinas, thought to be lost at sea, reappears after 15 years to try to claim his place. Destiny leads Griselda to Reinaldo Ibarra, an honorable man despite his lower social status. Although he is married to Teresa Cristina, he is delighted with Griselda’s essence, and he gradually discovers that his wife hides a dark secret. Griselda’s life changes when she wins the lottery and becomes a millionaire overnight.