1. Eccho Rights Partners with Czech’s Dramedy on The Swap Format
Czech Republic’s Dramedy Productions to represent the script to hit family drama The Swap in the international market Read more.
2. The Voice Senior Travels to Colombia and Peru
Caracol Television in Colombia and Latina in Peru will develop local versions of ITV Studios’ hit talent show. Read more.
3. I Can See Your Voice to Be Adapted in Turkey
Eccho Rights has sold the adaptation rights for CJ ENM’s entertainment format to Acun Medya in Turkey for TV8. Read more.
4. Banijay to Adapt its Format Onliners and Old Timers in Spain
Canvi de Xip, the Spanish version of the Banijay UK format, which sees millennials teach new technologies to older generations, will be produced by Gestmusic in collaboration with the Catalan Ministry of Culture for TV3. Read more.
5. Netflix and Ambulante Launch the Miradas Fund, in Support of Independent Producers in Mexico
The fund is an initiative worth US$ 750,000, launched with the intention of supporting more than 80 productions by filmmakers affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, benefiting about 500 people who represent 30 indigenous and Afro-descendant groups. Read more.
6. Beta Film Expands Business in Turkey
To reinforce production and distribution activities in South-East Europe, Beta Film is appointing former BluTV executive Sarp Kalfaoğlu as the company’s representative in Istanbul. Read more.
7. TVN in Chile Acquires Mistco’s Turkish Drama, The Innocents
The Turkish distributor announced the hit drama was picked up by the Chilean broadcaster, the first to premiere it in Latin America, in addition to Starz Play for the MENA region. Read more.