1. BTF Media Starts Filming El Mantequilla for Star+
The new crime series from the Star Original Productions label will be made in Mexico by BTF Media and will hit the platform in 2023. Read more.
2. Diego Luna and Gael García Bernal to Star in La máquina, Hulu’s New Original Series
The series, produced by La Corriente del Golfo, marks Searchlight Television’s third project for Hulu Originals. Read more.
3. Banijay Germany to Acquire Sony Pictures Television Germany
Led by Astrid Quentell and Mirek Nitsch, who will remain in position, the company, which is soon to undergo a name change, will join Banijay Germany’s burgeoning portfolio of labels. Read more.
4. Prime Video Greenlights LOL: Last One Laughing Argentina
The Argentine version of the Amazon Original series will be led by Susana Giménez. Read more.
5. Series from Spain and LatAm among Most Demanded in Peru
Spanish series La Resistencia, from Movistar+, stands out as the only Hispanic title in Parrot Analytics’ ranking of the most demanded digital series in the country, while the Mexico’s La rosa de Guadalupe and the Argentina’s El payaso Plim Plim are the only Hispanic titles in the overall ranking. Read more.
6. GMA’s The First Nanny to Premiere on Netflix Philippines on July 29
GMA Network’s top-rating romantic-comedy series stars Gabby Concepcion and Sanya Lopez. Read more.
7. TelevisaUnivision Announces Second Quarter 2022 Results
The company’s consolidated revenue grew 11% to US$1.1 billion, while advertising revenue increased 11% driven by strong Upfronts in both the US and Mexico, market share increases, and growth in both linear and streaming. Read more.