1. Control Z Is the Fastest Growing OTT Series of the Past Week
In the week of August 2 to 8, the Mexican Netflix series, produced by Lemon Studios, led TV Time’s Shows on the Rise ranking and also found a spot among the most binged series, ranking fourth in the company’s weekly Binge Report. Read more.
2. The Turkish Adaptation of Doctor Foster to Air in Spain on Antena 3
It will be the fifth Turkish drama to reach Atresmedia’s main channel after Mujer (Woman), Mi hija (My Little Girl), Tierras amargas (Bitter Lands) and Inocentes (The Innocents). Read more.
3. Inter Medya’s Endless Love Premiered in Ecuador
The Turkish drama made its debut on Tuesday, August 10, on Ecuavisa, which broadcasts it under the title Amor eterno. Read more.
4. Disney Signs Agreement with Starzplay in Brazil to Use the Star Brand
Disney agreed to pay Starzplay 50 million reais (US$ 9.5 million) to dismiss the legal actions against it. Read more.
5. TV Azteca Launches Free OTT Platform Azteca Now
Azteca Now will offer free access throughout Latin America to TV Azteca’s historical and premium content. Read more.
6. NBCUniversal Launches Hispanic Streaming Division
Romina Rosado has been appointed to lead the new division as Executive Vice President and General Manager of Streaming Hispano for NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises. Read more.
7. Ánima Launches Young Adult Division
The animation studio will now be producing series for this new demographic, starting with El Santos, a 2D animated sitcom based on the comic character developed by Mexican illustrators José Trinidad Camacho and José Ignacio Sol Read more.