1. Netflix Readies First Series Shot in Spain and Brazil: Santo
Although the production is entirely Spanish, it will have Brazilian actors, scriptwriters and directors. Read more.
2. Cineflix Rights’ Thriller Mirage to Premiere on Paramount+ in Latin America
The international distributor signed a deal with ViacomCBS Networks International, which will see the spy thriller stream on the company’s new SVOD platform in the Nordics and Latin America, and on local streaming services in the Middle East and North Africa. Read more.
3. The Mediapro Studio Starts Production on Starzplay’s First International Original
Express is created by Iván Escobar (Vis a vis), who is also screenwriter and showrunner. It will air on Starzplay in Spain and Latin America, and on Pantaya in the US. Read more.
4. Two Globo Series to Premiere on Mega in Chile
The Chilean network will premiere Sweet Diva on March 18th and Hidden Truths on the 22nd. Read more.
5. Netflix Registers Lowest Percentage Ever of Global Demand for Original Series
Parrot Analytics’ Global TV Demand report finds Netflix captured 53.5% of the worldwide demand for digital original series in 2020, marking its lowest number ever due to competition from other services like Apple TV+, HBO Max or Disney+, whose series The Mandalorian was number one in nine territories. Read more.
6. Madd's A Miracle to Air in Argentina on Telefe
The ViacomCBS channel has begun promoting the premiere of Turkish drama A Miracle, which will air locally as Doctor milagro. Read more.
7. Keshet’s Singletown Optioned in Spain
Keshet International has sold the relationship-based reality’s format production rights to Discovery Group in Spain and the Netherlands, along with multiple other tape and format sales in several international territories. Read more.