1. Amazon Acquires MGM for US$ 8.45 billion
The e-commerce giant will acquire the centennial film studio. Read more.
2. HBO Max to Arrive in Latin America on June 29
WarnerMedia announced the official launch date for the long-awaited OTT platform in Latin America. Read more.
3. Successful Debut for The Innocents in Chile
The Mistco series premiered on Tuesday on TVN with an 8.8 rating and peaks of 11 points. Read more.
4. Eccho Rights’ The Promise to Premiere in US Hispanic on May 31
The successful Turkish drama will premiere on the Pasiones network on Monday, May 31 at 6:00pm under the local title La promesa. Read more.
5. Mediaset España Confirms Temptation Island Spin-Off
The Last Temptation will be produced by Banijay’s Cuarzo Producciones and Mediaset España. Read more.
6. Beta Film to Distribute Adaptation of Another Novel by Lupin Author
The Island of Thirty Coffins, a French crime series based on the eponymous novel by Maurice Leblanc, will be distributed Internationally by Beta Film. Read more.
7. Fremantle Acquires Multi-Territory Rights to The Masked Dancer
The international group has acquired production rights to the hit dancing format in 29 territories across Europe, The Middle East and Africa, where it already owns the rights to The Masked Singer. Read more.
8. Gato Grande and Kapow Team Up to Co-Produce New Original Fiction
It will be a fiction series based on the short story Breves amores eternos by the Argentine writer Pedro Mairal. Read more.